I'M HOME!

"One's home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening - the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life - and can never find again. After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up." ~Lemony Snicket

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
There's never such a place like home.


Two years ago, I would say "yeah, right" and take no further bother about that quote. but now, as things change, and my life is kinda changing too, I really agree with all my heart.

There really is no place like home, when you can relax all day, having silly simple things with your family that even though it is very simple, it can brighten your day in a blink.


Being home means a lot to me, and I really hate when people ask me, "Aah, how's life in singapore? Does it make you not wanting to come home?"


FCKING NO, people.


Yes, perhaps it sometimes feels fun to live with friends, in a foreign country. However, it can also be stressful, exhausting, and sometimes you can cry all night because of little things that is not working properly, or perhaps you can cry because of nothing. The tears just ran down on your face without any reason. Yes, it happens to me, I must admit.


Everyday you'll feel your day is dull, and you'll be counting the dates, looking for a long period of "red-coloured" dates, when you can go to changi airport, board yourself in a plane, and fly home to leave all those dull days behind.
Again, I must admit that it happens to me.


 
But now, since I AM HOME, I don't want to talk about those homesickness, those tedious routines I do back there. I want to talk about my euphoria of being home!


Waking up this morning, I feel like I'm dreaming. I got air-cond, comfy bedcover, my bolster, and ooh, my mum and dad asking me to get up. I used to be rather annoyed when they came and asked me to get up. Yet now, I feel really happy!


Last night, when I came to my grandma's house, meeting my cousins, tasting the food my aunt and my grandma cooked for me, and teasing one of my cousin until he was speechless, I feel like I'm the luckiest child ever. Even though the food is just like any food they've cooked for me, and the games I played with my cousins is only monopoly, I feel really excited of all those things, and I can't stop smiling all the night!


And now, my grandpa's calling out my name, asking me to go downstairs for my breakfast. On the old days, I would be really exasperated and not going down. But now, I'm soo happy to hear his voice, and I'm ending this post now!



"you won't be able to appreciate things before you leave them, or they leave you."
Appreciate your life, guys. Your family, your friends, everything around you. As you'll never know, how precious they are, untill you have to leave them behind.


Aaaaahh, feels so good to be home :)

2 comments:

Adrianne W said...

Egiiiiii.. Your post is so true. And yeah, people ask the same thing to me as well,

"So, are you going to stay there FOREVER?"

"No"

No place is better than home. Place where you grew up. The place that has so many memories. Let's enjoy our holiday gi! haha. :))

REGINA EKAPUTRI said...

yeaaaaaaaaah anne :)
bete banget gua ditanya kaya gitu ckckck. yup yup enjoy yours too! :D